The Great Wave Off Kanagawa - 3D printed, hand finished 'woodblocks' only.
This set contains 7 'woodblocks' to print a version of The Great Wave Off Kanagawa, part of Hokusai's series entitled 36 Views of Mount Fuji.
A relaxing way for adults and children to learn how to create your own print of Hokusai's classic. You will perfect the art of mixing colours and handprinting with these 3D printed 'woodblocks'. Learn how this iconic print was made by experiencing the process yourself, step by step.
The 3D printed woodblocks included are the same we use for our workshops, with proper care they are reusable for many impressions. Ships in a protective storage box. Comes in gold or white.
Final size of image is approx: W 285mm x H 205mm
Each kit contains:
7 x 3D printed 'woodblocks' = 7 colours
- Sky colour
- Light water colour
- Medium water colour
- Fish hanging off the boats
- Clouds (overprinted onto sky)
- Final black outline/dark water colour and signature
You will need to provide:
- Water-colour paper is recommended. 300g/m2 weight. 410mm x 310mm if you want a border or minimum size is A4.
- Acrylic paint
- A baren, a tool for applying pressure to transfer the paint to paper. Any hand-held object with a flat bottom, like a jam jar, can also be used.
- A stiff piece of cardboard, e.g the backing board from a pad of art paper works great
- Ice cream sticks or paint brushes for mixing colours
- Flat bottomed sponges or sponge roller
- A plastic cafeteria style tray or any flat surface that you can work on
- Masking tape, water and an old dinner plate for mixing colours
- Online instructional video can be found on the Ukiyo-e Kit page