Hydrangea and Sparrow - 3D printed, hand finished printing plates
This set contains 6 'woodblocks' to print a version of Hydrangea and Sparrow, part of Hokusai's series entitled Large Flowers.
The original print is shown here as a guide only - Yours will be unique to you!
Final size of image is approx: W 280mm x H 186mm
Each kit contains:
6 x 3D printed 'woodblocks' = 6 colours
- Background colour
- Leaf base colour (light green)
- Leaf dark colour and bird's base colour
- Flower buds and bird breast colour
- Black outline bird detail and signature
You will need to provide:
- Water-colour paper is recommended. 300g/m2 weight. 410mm x 310mm if you want a border or minimum size would be A4.
- Acrylic paint
- A baren, a tool for applying pressure to transfer the paint to paper. Any hand-held object with a flat bottom, like a jam jar, can also be used.
- A stiff piece of cardboard, e.g the backing board from a pad of art paper works great
- Ice cream sticks or paint brushes for mixing colours
- Flat bottomed sponges or sponge roller
- A plastic cafeteria style tray or any flat surface that you can work on
- Masking tape, water and an old dinner plate for mixing colours
- Online instructional video can be found on the Ukiyo-e Kit page