Trumpet Lillies (large) - 3D printed, hand finished 'woodblocks' only.
This set contains 7 large 'woodblocks' to print a version of Trumpet Lillies, part of Hokusai's series entitled Large Flowers.
A surprisingly relaxing way for adults and children to create your own print of Hokusai's classic. You will perfect the art of mixing colours and hand-printing. Learn how this print was made step by step
The 3D printed woodblocks included are the same we use for our workshops, with proper care they are reusable for many impressions. Ships in a protective storage box
Final size of image is approx: W 426mm x H 295mm
Each kit contains:
7 large x 3D printed 'woodblocks' = 7 colours
- Background colour
- Leaf base colour (light green)
- Petal base colour (magnolia)
- Petal medium colour (orange)
- Petal dark colour (dark orange)
- Black line detail
You will need to provide:
- Water-colour paper is recommended. 300g/m2 weight. 410mm x 310mm if you want a border or minimum size would be A4.
- Acrylic paint
- A baren, a tool for applying pressure to transfer the paint to paper. Any hand-held object with a flat bottom, like a jam jar, can also be used.
- A stiff piece of cardboard, e.g the backing board from a pad of art paper works great
- Ice cream sticks or paint brushes for mixing colours
- Flat bottomed sponges or sponge roller
- A plastic cafeteria style tray or any flat surface that you can work on
- Masking tape, water and an old dinner plate for mixing colours
- Online instructional video can be found on the Ukiyo-e Kit page