The Old Tiger in the Snow - 3D printed, hand finished printing plates
This set contains 7 'woodblocks' to print a version of The Old Tiger in the Snow by Hokusai Katsushika
The original print is shown here is a guide only - Yours will be unique to you!
Final size of image is approx: W 285mm x H 214mm
Each kit contains:
7 x 3D printed 'woodblocks' = 7 colours
- Background colour
- White Fur
- Dark Fur
- Golden Fur
- Snow Covered Leaves
- Green Leaves
- Black outline detail, leaf tips and signature
You will need to provide:
- Water-colour paper is recommended. 300g/m2 weight. 410mm x 310mm if you want a border or minimum size would be A4.
- Acrylic paint
- A baren, a tool for applying pressure to transfer the paint to paper. Any hand-held object with a flat bottom, like a jam jar, can also be used.
- A stiff piece of cardboard, e.g the backing board from a pad of art paper works great
- Ice cream sticks or paint brushes for mixing colours
- Flat bottomed sponges or sponge roller
- A plastic cafeteria style tray or any flat surface that you can work on
- Masking tape, water and an old dinner plate for mixing colours
- Online instructional video can be found on the Ukiyo-e Kit page