I finally found the right opportunity to start the full print but it was an 10 hour job, in two parts, and I didn't want to disturb anyone with the noise as evening came so through sheer necessity I thought of a great idea to move the printer into the washing machine cupboard located in the bathroom, where it could be shut in and the noise muffled from neighbours by shelves full of fresh towels! Quite a nice idea I thought but it also meant clearing out all the conveniently placed toiletries and bathroom supplies and moving them into another room.
The print went very well and I also found a nice old school tungsten filament bulb to go with the lampshade for some really great photos. Some of the edges of the print where a bit jagged and I lost resolution there probably through overly high speed settings but as you can see in the photos, It does not harm the overall look of the lamp when bathed in lovely warm light, quite a nice effect. The lamp is now destined to grace the loo. Should cast some nice shadows in a small room. It has been a great learning experience with Grasshopper and Weaverbird and I look forward to pushing myself next time to create even more challenging and useful prints.
MantRa Rays can be downloaded at Pinshape: https://pinshape.com/items/32855-3d-printed-mantra-rays-lampshade